Ben is the Managing Editor for New American Funding. In this role, Ben helps with content creation, news coverage, and serving our audience of borrowers, real estate agents, loan originators, and other housing professionals. Prior to joining New American Funding, Ben worked at HousingWire, a top housing media outlet. Ben joined HousingWire in 2014 as a reporter and was later promoted to Senior Financial Reporter, Editor, and eventually to Managing Editor. During his time at HousingWire, Ben helped elevate HousingWire to national acclaim and record traffic growth. He was also honored with multiple awards for his work, including an Eddie Award from Folio Magazine and a Gold Award for Best Trade Magazine Story from the National Association of Real Estate Editors.
Posts by Ben Lane
Are you thinking about buying a home or refinancing your current mortgage? If so, one of the biggest pieces of the puzzle will be the interest rate you are eligible for on your loan.
- Dec. 11, 2020
- Personal Finance
Serving your country in the military is one of the noblest things a person can do. New American Funding appreciates military servicemembers and veterans and is proud to honor and serve them by helping with their home loan journey.
- Nov. 11, 2020
- Home Loans
Buying a home or refinancing your existing mortgage can take you on a confusing journey that’s filled with acronyms and terms you’ve never heard before.
- Nov. 6, 2020
- Home Loans
- How We Support the Dream of Homeownership
- New Year, New Market?
- Tips for Improving Your Credit Score
- Homeownership Trivia: 12 Facts to Share
- How to Save Money for a Rainy Day and Emergency Fund
- DTI and What it Means
- Acceptable Down Payment Sources for a Mortgage
- Credit Tips: Why Does Your Credit Score Matter for Mortgage Rates?
- Putting The Market in Perspective
- Renting vs. Buying a Home: Which is Right for You?