Information We Collect
If you apply for a loan we may collect personal information about you including your:
- Personal identifiers such as your name, contact details, social security number;
- Professional or employment-related information;
- Commercial and financial information such as your loan details and payment history; and,
- Information about your preferences and needs to customize your service offerings and user experience.
We collect this information from the following sources:
- From you on applications and other forms;
- Our affiliates and business partners; and
- Consumer reporting agencies.
How We Use Your Information
When you apply for a mortgage loan with NAF, we use your personal information:
- For our everyday business purposes;
- To learn how to improve our products and services; and,
- To provide you with information about relevant advertisements, promotions, or incentives.
For more detailed information about how we may use or disclose your information please see our US Financial Privacy Notice.
We maintain reasonable administrative and technical safeguards to protect your personal information.
Types of Cookies
How to Control Cookies
If you wish to prevent cookies from tracking your activity on our website or visits across multiple websites, you can set your browser to block certain cookies or notify you when a cookie is set. If you block cookies on your browser, certain features on our website may not work. For more information on how you can customize your browser's cookie setting please visit the link to your web browser below:
To learn about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to opt-out of some of this advertising, you may wish to visit the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) online resources at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices, and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) resources at http://www.aboutads.info/choices. Please note that opting-out of receiving interest-based advertising through the NAI's and DAA's online resources will only opt-out a user from receiving interest-based ads on that specific browser or device but the user may still receive interest based ads on his or her other devices. You must perform the opt-out on each browser or device you use. We are not responsible for the completeness, effectiveness, or accuracy of any third party opt-out options or programs.
You may also be able to limit interest-based advertising through the settings on your mobile device by selecting "limit ad tracking" (IOS) or "opt-out of interest-based ads" (Android). You may also be able to opt-out of some – but not all- interest based ads service by mobile ad networks by visiting http://youradchoices.com/appchoices and download the mobile AppChoices app.
How to Control Your Information
When you apply for a mortgage loan with NAF through this website, you can always review and request changes to personal information by contacting the loan originator or loan processor assigned to your account.
Changes to this Policy
When we make any material changes to this policy, we will take reasonable efforts to notify you including by making them immediately available to you on this website. If you have a question or would like more information, contact us at email@example.com.
Acceptance of Terms
Products and Services
Home Mortgage products and services are offered through New American Funding. Not all products and services described are available in all states of the USA, or elsewhere in the world.
Fair Lending Policy
New American Funding does not discriminate against any applicant or discourage anyone on a prohibited basis from submitting an application. To assure that our employees have a clear and unequivocal statement of our commitment to a nondiscriminatory method of doing business, we have adopted the following fair lending policy. Employees must be thoroughly familiar with this policy and follow it.
- We do not discriminate against a loan applicant or borrower on the basis of race, color, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, handicap, age, the fact that all or part of an applicant's income comes from any public assistance program or because the applicant has exercised any right under any relevant state or federal law.
- We do not selectively encourage applicants and we take no action that would, on a prohibited basis, discourage a reasonable person from applying for a mortgage loan.
- We do not, on a prohibited basis, refuse to make a loan, vary the terms offered including the amount, interest rate, period or type of loan, or use different standards to evaluate collateral or decide whether to extend credit.
- We avoid practices or policies that have a discriminatory effect. This rule applies to all phases of our mortgage lending business. It applies even though we do not intend the policy or practice to be discriminatory and even if the policy or practice appears to be neutral.
- We have adopted nondiscriminatory loan underwriting standards that avoid subjective, unwritten rules that can have a discriminatory effect. We make these underwriting standards public upon request at each of our offices.
- We make sure that our scoring system is empirically derived and statistically sound and uses no prohibited basis other than age as a predictive factor.
- We train our loan personnel in the principles of fair lending.
- Our Quality Control Manager regularly reviews both our loan underwriting standards and the business practices by which we implement them to determine whether they ensure equal lending opportunity and reports to management.
- We periodically review our loan portfolio and applications to make sure that we are serving the community adequately and on a nondiscriminatory basis in light of the community's demographic characteristics and credit demands.
- We conspicuously display the poster in a public area of each of our facilities stating that we are ascribing to the Equal Housing Act. Additionally, on all forms of advertisements, regardless of media, we include the Equal Housing Opportunity logo and/or the Equal Housing Opportunity slogan.
Intellectual Property, Logo Licensing and Links
Materials and intellectual property found on websites owned by New American Funding are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and treaties in the United States and worldwide. Trademarks, service marks and logos used on websites owned by New American Funding, registered and unregistered, are subject to United States trademark law. You may not copy, reproduce, modify, store, transmit, or distribute any part of intellectual property, trademarks, service marks or logos found on websites owned by New American Funding without specific written consent from New American Funding.
Calculators / Calculations
Content contained in websites owned by New American Funding should not be construed to be legal or financial advice. Users are responsible for obtaining their own competent legal and financial advice from qualified providers at their own expense.
Mortgage calculators/calculations which may be provided within websites owned by New American Funding are provided solely for estimation and are hypothetical. You are responsible for the accuracy of any estimates and should not rely solely on these calculators. Seek advice from qualified providers before you make any financial decisions.
By using, accessing or attempting to access websites owned by New American Funding that require the use of Passwords or any other method of authentication or any combination of authentication methods (these are defined as "secure websites"), you are certifying you are the person legally associated with the passwords or method(s) of authentication being used. Unauthorized access, attempted access, use or attempted use of secure websites owned by New American Funding is prohibited and may violate federal and/or state law. Unauthorized access, attempted access, use, or attempted use of secure websites owned by New American Funding may be reported to law enforcement.
Links to Other Sites – Limitation of Liability
New American Funding may provide links to or from other web sites that New American Funding does not have control over. If you follow links to sites not affiliated or controlled by New American Funding, you should review their privacy and security policies and other terms and conditions, as they may be different from those of our site. New American Funding does not guarantee and is not responsible for the privacy or security of these sites, including the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of their information. You agree that New American Funding is not responsible for any liability resulting from the access or use of sites not owned by New American Funding. You also agree that New American Funding is not responsible for any content, advertising, or products available through these websites. Further, you agree that New American Funding shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused, or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of websites New American Funding owns.
Monitoring and Blocking
Limitation of Liability
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, WEBSITES OWNED BY NEW AMERICAN FUNDING AND THE CONTENT THEREOF IS AT YOUR RISK. YOU AGREE, THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL NEW AMERICAN FUNDING BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING FROM VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES OR OTHER CODE THAT HAS CONTAMINATING OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES OR YOUR REFERENCING, USING, ACCESSING, INABILITY TO USE OR ACCESS OR LINKING TO OR FROM THE WEBSITES OF NEW AMERICAN FUNDING OR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENT THEREOF. There are some jurisdictions that do not allow for the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for consequential or incidental damages. Based on this conclusion, the liability of New American Funding is limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
Governing Law; Severability
To view New American Funding's US Financial Privacy Notice, please click here.
California Residents can read more here: https://www.newamericanfunding.com/legal/california-privacy-act-disclosure/
Last Revised: 12/30/2019