Purchase Home Loans
Buying a home has long been considered a cornerstone of the American dream. Whether it's your first, or one of many, getting a home loan to purchase a home is one of the most significant financial decisions you’ll make in your life. Many people decide to buy because of the benefits associated with home ownership.
- Asset Appreciation: Homes typically increase in value, which builds equity that can create long-term wealth.
- Tax Deductions: Some housing-related expenses are tax deductible. It’s important to discuss any potential deductions with a licensed a tax professional.
- Invest for the Future: You can make your money work for you by investing in real estate that could be sold for a financial gain.
- Security: Buying a home provides greater stability than renting. Housing expenses are usually predictable when you have a fixed interest rate home loan; whereas living in rental property can be unstable due to unexpected increases. Furthermore, renting does not provide the ability for investment.
- Pride in Home Ownership: Owning a home allows a buyer to settle into a community and establish long-term ties in a designated area.
- Greater Privacy: Home ownership gives an increased sense of control over the space where you reside.
If you want to make that first step toward home ownership, there are several ways to finance obtain a home loan. It may take time to understand the different home loans and which one is right for your financial situation; that’s why it’s important to work with a licensed loan professional who can walk you through your various options.
Purchase Home Loans
Fixed Rate – Provides the homeowner with a fixed interest rate and payment throughout the life of the loan, as opposed to an adjustable rate.
VA Loan – Offers long-term financing to eligible American veterans, and is guaranteed by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). It can be obtained without a down payment and doesn’t require private mortgage insurance.
FHA Loan – Insured by the Federal Housing Administration (FHA), this loan gives the flexibility of buying a home with a lower down payment and credit score.
Adjustable Rate Mortgage – A loan with an interest rate that changes. There is an initial period where the rate is fixed, after which, the interest rate adjusts according to the market and loan terms.
Jumbo Loan – Exceeds the loan limit set by Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae. Typically, in most counties the Jumbo Loan limit is $424,100 but in some areas due to higher home prices, that limit is $637,150.
Home Improvement – A loan that’s used for home renovation.
Reverse Mortgage – A loan for homeowners who are 62 years or older, enabling them to convert a portion of their home’s equity into cash.
Interest-Only Loan – A borrower has the option to only make monthly interest payments due on a mortgage for a preset term, which is usually between 5 to 7 years.
In order to turn the dream of home ownership into a reality, it requires preparation. Part of that preparation is finding out how much house you can afford to buy.
What can I afford?
The Affordability Calculator helps you determine just that. By analyzing your income, monthly debt, and the terms of your mortgage, it helps you identify the amount you can afford to invest into a new home. Determining what you can afford and getting preapproved are important first steps in beginning your housing search.
How much should I expect to pay monthly?
With our easy Mortgage Calculator you can also estimate your monthly mortgage payment beforehand. A standard rule is that your monthly mortgage payment, which includes principal, interest, taxes, and insurance, should not take up more than 28% of your income before taxes. This debt-to-income ratio is known as the “housing ratio.”
Our Loan Officers are licensed and ready to help you find the right home loan that fits your situation. We are authorized to offer a wide selection of purchase loans that you may not find elsewhere, and don't forget - you can customize the terms of your loan with our I CAN mortgage.
Call us at 1-800-890-1057 for help today!