Inexpensive Ways to Decorate Your Home for the Holidays
- posted 11.27.2012
- Rosemarie Pirio
- Home Life
Want to go "all out" on decorating this year, but still want to keep cash in your wallet? I'm sure you'll find if you go to the store to buy new decorations, you will come across countless decorative items that will be wearing an expensive price tag. There is no need to be disheartened, there are plenty of ways to decorate your home for the holidays without spending an arm and a leg, but shall assist in creating a memorable setting.
Holiday Tips on How to Decorate Your Home Inexpensively
- Take an inventory from last year's holiday decorations. Chances are, as long as you stored them away carefully, you have several things that can be re-used without having to repurchase. Examples: Lights, snowflakes, stars, ornaments, etc.
- Choose a theme for your holiday decorations. Choosing a theme will simplify your decisions in the store and you won't be tempted to buy things just because they are nice.
- Buy some glass ornaments from the dollar store. These ornaments can be used on your tree, put in a big serving bowl with sparking water to create a center piece, or even filled with sand or beads to change the look.
- If you are creative, buy some cheap washable paints and create festive scenes on your glass windows or doors.
- Buy some spray paint and transform old and used ornaments into new sparkly ones, this way you can get a completely new look without new merchandise. Spray paint can also be used for large pines or pine cones. Using gold or silver, you can arrange them in vases or decorate your mantle for an eye-catching centerpiece.
- If you're feeling crafty, glue a bunch of ornaments, garland, or snowflakes together to make a wreath. This year your wreath will be a complete original!
- Buy some cheap vases and transform them by gluing cinnamon sticks or candy canes along the outside. This is an inexpensive way to make cheap vases look elegant and festive.
- Use your natural resources. Take a walk around your house and see if there are any berries or pine cones you can take home and use. You can always make your own potpourri by sprinkling what you found with cinnamon or nutmeg to fill your home with pleasant scents.
Remember, your house can still be the best decorated house on the block without having to empty your wallet.
Here are for more inexpensive decorating tips.