Celebrating National Women's History Month, Hispanic Lifestyle Names Patty Arvielo a Latina of Influence
- Feb. 23, 2016
- Nicole Johnson
Hispanic Lifestyle, an independently produced television program and magazine, whose mission is to promote positive images of the Latino community, has named Patty Arvielo a Latina of Influence in their 2016 list. Patty is President and co-founder of New American Funding, known for setting industry benchmarks in both lending operations and in developing services to accommodate minorities.
In celebration of National Women's History Month this March, Hispanic Lifestyle will post the profile of one Latina each day, highlighting her business achievements and positive contributions to the community.
Patty's value for a diverse workforce has contributed to New American Funding's popularity among Latinas and millennials, and has earned the company a reputation for providing an environment conducive to professional growth. Her advocacy for women in business resonates throughout the company and she is a driving force in the industry on the same initiative.
Patty's notable contributions include:
- Employing over 2,000 individuals, 57% of which are female, many in C-level positions
- Heading the Mortgage Bankers Association's Diversity and Inclusion Committee, working toward more defined, actual involvement by women and minorities in mortgage banking
- Creating a Latino Focus Committee , a group tailored to improving mortgage services to Hispanic consumers
- Hosting educational seminars such as the recent "Hispennial Generation: Marketing to el Nuevo Latino" event
- Serving as Corporate Board of Governors Chairman for NAHREP, the National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals