Your Licensed Mortgage Lender for Maryland Home Loans
When looking for a new home loan or planning to refinance in Maryland, New American Funding can assist you throughout the process, providing superior loan products and services. Maryland is considered an ideal location for real estate investment. Homeowners benefit from a desirable mid-Atlantic geographic location close to Washington, D.C., with temperate weather and ideal business locations within the state and nearby.
Find the best loan and rate for your mortgage
Whether your situation calls for a Fixed Rate Mortgage, FHA Loan, Adjustable Rate Mortgage, or VA Loan, we can help you determine which Maryland home loan is best for you. Residents looking to refinance in Maryland, buy their first home in Maryland, and those interested in a vacation home in Maryland, all have different financial priorities. New American Funding will show you how different loan options can help homeowners and home buyers successfully invest in real estate in Maryland.
Specialty loans and mortgages, such as Interest Only Loans, Jumbo Loans and Reverse Mortgages , allow for Maryland residents in all stages of life to enjoy their current home or a new home for many years to come. We are a direct lender serving Maryland residents and will work with you to find the best loan that fits your needs.
Get a free credit approval
At New American Funding, we are committed to providing you with a positive home buying experience. Understanding how much you can afford and getting approved for a Maryland purchase home loan is the first step. We provide free credit approvals so home buyers can go out and search for a home with complete confidence. Real estate agents and sellers are much more likely to entertain offers and negotiate with buyers who have an up-front full credit approval by a lender specializing in purchase loans.
Shop for a new home
If you are considering a move to Maryland, or you already live in state and are buying a new home, you need to take into consideration that there are state specific guidelines and that working with a lender , not only licensed in Maryland, but experienced in these Maryland specific guidelines is a necessity. Here are a few tips when buying an investment property or a new home in Maryland:
- Start with a mortgage approval: At New American Funding, we provide peace of mind when shopping for a new home. Before contacting a real estate agent, call New American Funding and obtain your free up-front credit approval so you know how much you can afford and let the real estate agents and sellers know you are a serious and qualified buyer.
- Use a licensed real estate agent or broker: There are more than 48,000 licensed real estate professionals in Maryland. Make sure your lender and real estate agents are both properly licensed in Maryland.
- Understand who the real estate agent represents: the seller, the buyer or both.
- Get an inspection: All home inspectors must be licensed in the state of Maryland.
- Pay a deposit to a brokerage agency only: Funds paid as a deposit of earnest money must be held in separate bank account and cannot be made payable to an agent or a home seller.
- Ask for proof that improvements were completed by a licensed individual: Any home improvements you consider, or those that have been made to a potential new home, must be made by a handyman or contractor licensed through the Maryland Home Improvement Commission.
With historically low rates and great home prices, now is the time to refinance or buy in Maryland. Median home price, average home value and the owner occupied housing rate are all consistently above the national average. Over the past year, Maryland’s average and median home prices have slightly decreased, giving home buyers an ideal opportunity with historically low interest rates and an affordable local housing market. Let New American Funding help you refinance, move into a new home, or invest in a vacation property by getting you the best mortgage rate in Maryland.